Can en amerikansk fast bosatt retur till USA efter ett 50-dagars besök i Mexiko?


Jag lämnar USA, där jag är permanent bosatt, i 50 dagar i sommar för att resa till Mexiko. Människor har sagt till mig att om du lämnar USA kan du inte komma tillbaka.

Kan jag fortfarande komma tillbaka?

uppsättning Vanessa Lopez 08.02.2017 00:13

1 svar


Från Internationell resa som permanent bosatt :

Does travel outside the United States affect my permanent resident status?

Permanent residents are free to travel outside the United States, and temporary or brief travel usually does not affect your permanent resident status. If it is determined, however, that you did not intend to make the United States your permanent home, you will be found to have abandoned your permanent resident status. A general guide used is whether you have been absent from the United States for more than a year. Abandonment may be found to occur in trips of less than a year where it is believed you did not intend to make the United States your permanent residence. While brief trips abroad generally are not problematic, the officer may consider criteria such as whether your intention was to visit abroad only temporarily, whether you maintained U.S. family and community ties, maintained U.S employment, filed U.S. income taxes as a resident, or otherwise established your intention to return to the United States as your permanent home. Other factors that may be considered include whether you maintained a U.S. mailing address, kept U.S. bank accounts and a valid U.S. driver’s license, own property or run a business in the United States, or any other evidence that supports the temporary nature of your absence.

Kort sagt är en 50 dagars resa utanför landet bra.

svaret ges 08.02.2017 00:31